We know foggy glasses can be SUPER annoying! Here are 5 easy tips from The OPTYX Insider that will help you unfog those specs when wearing a mask, and get you back to seeing clearly in minutes!
- Run your glasses through cold water. Then use a mild dishwashing liquid soap to rub onto your lenses. Rinse your glasses under a gentle stream of warm water. Air dry. Do NOT use your shirt, NEVER, no matter how tempting! The soapy water leaves behind a thin film that stops the water molecules from forming droplets that lead to fog.
- Tighten your mask around the top of your head. If you have a mask with a bendable metal wire at the top – make sure it’s bent in formation with the bridge of your nose. This way air will not travel up so easily onto your lenses. You can add a pipe cleaner to the top of a homemade fabric mask to get the same effect.
- Make sure your eyewear is adjusted properly by your optometrist. If the lenses sit slightly away from your face, this can reduce fogging.
- Pull up your mask. An easier tip for day-to-day mask wear is to use the weight of your glasses to block the air. Pull the mask up over the bridge of the nose as high as you can (make sure it’s still under your chin too) and let your glasses rest on top of the mask. This works but it will also depend on the shape and style of your eyewear.
- Now that our locations from NYC all the way to East Hampton, are OPEN for all eye health needs, please stop by your local Optyx for a complimentary deep clean in an ultra-sonic cleaner. These cleaners eliminate 99% of bacteria on your frames and lenses. This also helps clean under those yellow-green nose pads, which is super important- especially during this time!
To learn more about OPTYX head to OPTYX.com